You have been able to find out a lot of information about me, the founder of the community–so if you want to start the process of coming to visit in order to explore joining the community, please answer the questions below. You can cut and past these on a google doc or email in order to give the answers.
If you have a challenging time writing, can you somehow send a video where you can answer these questions?
Or, answer very briefly and we can cover the details more in an interview–as long as you have provided references.
References: People you have lived with or worked for. Names, numbers, email.
Name, contact info, basic demographic information, and anything else you’d like to share about where you’re from, your family, past experiences, etc.
- How did you hear about us?
- What is your experience living in intentional community?
- Describe what’s important to you in a community.
- What interested you about Vegan Visions in particular? What do you think you would benefit from? What do you have to contribute?
Have you read the values on the blog? If not, please read them.
Do you find any problematic?
Could you live with people who have these values, even if you don’t totally agree?
Are there any values that you hold dear that are missing?
How are you living out the values listed now? How do you want to in the future?
Describe your understanding of egalitarianism.
- How do you like to spend your time?
- What do you do to sustain yourself financially, physically, mentally, emotionally, etc?
- What kind of living environment to you like (in terms of privacy/common space, cleanliness, noise levels, number of community/ political/ social events in your house, children, emotional closeness with housemates, etc)?
Other nitty gritty:
- How do you feel about our current policies and will they be difficult for you?
- Is there anything we should know about your history? Have you been convicted of any crime? Do you have long term physical or mental health issues? Have you had difficulty with drugs and alcohol? Do you have addictions?
- How do you deal with personal and community-level conflict?
- Do you like structure?
- What is your understanding of sociocracy>